Applications will be accepted anytime after January 1st of next year.
The Danny Carroll Memorial Scholarship
A man who was a delight to be with, and who was truly a consummate funeral professional. Danny felt funeral service was his calling and did everything he could to support it. Giving was in his nature and many folks will never know the entirety of his generosity as he wasn’t comfortable talking about it or telling you about what he did for others. At the time of his tragic death in an airplane accident he had been a past President of the North Carolina Funeral Directors Association and a charter member of a professional study group.
In 2010 the Danny Carroll Memorial Fund was established by his daughter and son in law Kimberly and Nick Page who wanted to continue the giving spirit of Danny for purposes of education to funeral directors in the state of North Carolina.
In 2016 two -$750.00 scholarships were designated to be awarded annually to two promising mortuary science students that are enrolled full time in a North Carolina accredited mortuary science program.
How to apply
This Scholarship Program is awarded each year in May at the annual NCFDA convention during the business meeting. The criteria are as follows:
1) Online submissions only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Applications open on January 1st of each year with a deadline of March 31st.
3) Applicants may apply for one scholarship.
4) New applicants that have not applied in previous years are encouraged to apply.
Application submissions must include:
- A 750-1,000 word essay on why they have chosen funeral service as a profession.
- Most recent transcript of their mortuary school marks (no copies please).
- A three to five-minute video of what contributions they feel they can make to funeral service once they are licensed.